YOUR HEALTH AND FITNESS HAS NEVER BEEN MORE IMPORTANT THAN RIGHT NOW.
With your safety top of mind, we’ve implemented the government’s updated guidelines and refreshed our teams on all safety protocols to keep you safe.
For the latest information on the government guidelines, your membership, hours of operations and how we’re keeping our clubs safe, check out the updates and guidelines below.
Monday to Friday: 6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
We’ve adjusted some of our in-club guidelines to help our members have a safe workout. Remember to please keep your workouts to low intensity.
- Practice safe physical distancing by keeping 3 metres apart from others.
- Follow signage and the directional arrows on the club floors.
Some exercise equipment and lockers are closed to maintain physical distancing.
We’ve added directional arrows to club floors to help guide foot traffic.
- Members must wear a mask at all times, except during high-intensity workouts with trainers.
- All employees are required to wear a mask while working.
- Employees are also required to wear proper protective gear while cleaning, including disposable nitrile gloves.
- Protect yourself and others by disinfecting equipment, lockers, and water nozzles before and after use with supplied disinfectant wipes.
- Bring your own water bottle. Water coolers and filling stations are available to fill up your water bottle. Please disinfect the nozzle and handle before and after use.
Booking your workouts & classes
Members are required to book their workouts and Group Fitness classes in the Bankers Hall Club App. Booking your workouts in advance guarantees your workout and helps us monitor club capacity.
- One workout or class can be booked per day.
- One private workout or outdoor class can be booked within rolling 3-day period.
- Same household workouts can be booked under one member – both members must verify home address.
- Cancel your workout or class directly in the app to clear a spot for those on the waitlist.
- Find more information about the Bankers Hall Club app here.
SAFETY & CLEANLINESS ENHANCEMENTS
- Protective barriers have been installed at our reception desk.
- Certainty disinfectant wipes are available throughout the club. These wipes are certified by Health Canada, and kill 99.9% of germs, viruses, and fungi from all hard, non-porous surfaces.
- Our team disinfects the club frequently, focusing on popular equipment and high-touch areas.
- Personal trainers disinfect all equipment for their clients before and after use.
- Equipment is spaced 3 metres apart, where possible.
- Select equipment is unavailable to maintain physical distancing.
- Cardio equipment with fans (like Airdyne bikes and select rowers) is temporarily unavailable.
- We’ve increased the number of hand sanitizing stations installed throughout the club.
- Guiding floor markers have been installed in the clubs.
- Fans have been removed or turned off to reduce the spread of germs
- All porous foam or fabric material items have been removed from workout areas. Items include, but are not limited to:
- Blue Foam Rollers
- Yoga Blocks
- Yoga mats
- All ropes (cable attachments, battle ropes and climbing ropes)
- Bags, Tubing
- Select lockers are open to maintain physical distancing.
- High-touch surfaces in the shower areas are disinfected every 75-minute time block.
- Showers are thoroughly disinfected nightly with Sabre Disinfectant – rated by Health Canada as effective against COVID-19.
- Team members who handle used towels wear gloves and change to a new pair of gloves before handling clean towels.
- Amenities such as Q-tips and cotton rounds are unavailable to avoid common touch points.
- Steam rooms and saunas are temporarily unavailable.
- Group Fitness classes will have a limit of 10 people, actively led by your instructor.
- No equipment will be used in classes – body weight only.
- Classes may be cancelled due to unfavorable weather – at least 2 hours of notice will be given, and cancellation notifications will be sent via email in advance for app bookings.
- If you’re on a waitlist, you can get your spot in class by being the first to accept the invitation when the spot opens.
- Wash your hands before and after play
- Bring your own equipment
- Equipment rentals are temporarily unavailable
- Seating and viewing are closed at this time
- Courts and high touch surfaces are disinfected regularly
- See club bulletin boards for other guidelines
Move anytime, anywhere with our remote fitness memberships!
Not currently, based on the provincial government’s guidelines. You can hit the club for a private workout session or a personal training session.
Access any available equipment in the gym and get back to YOUR routine with workouts actively led by our trainers. Workout sessions are FREE with active membership dues.
Yes, a mask is required in all areas of the club, except during a high-intensity workout with a personal trainer.
According to the provincial government, it’s all about your breath and heart rate. The heavier you’re breathing and the higher your heart rate, the higher the intensity of your workout.
If you are short of breath, unable to hold a conversation, or your heart is pounding in your chest, you need to dial back your workout.
Absolutely, just mindful how heavy you’re breathing. We recommend using lighter weights or adding some resistance when you hit the cardio machines for a solid, steady “low intensity” workout.
Please use your best judgement to keep your workout low intensity — we know that this doesn’t look the same for everyone and depends on where you’re at in your fitness journey. If you’re breathing too heavy, that’s a sign you need to bring it down a notch. If you’re unsure, feel free to ask our staff any questions you may have.
Group Fitness is making a comeback with low-intensity classes like:
- Core & more
- Core & Lower Body
- Class schedules are available in the Bankers Hall Club app.
If you’re craving some of our high-intensity classes like Zumba, HIIT & Core, and Cycle, check out GYMVMT GO — a local online fitness streaming platform. Stream some of your favourite classes and instructors live and on-demand anytime, anywhere!
We have temporarily reduced club hours and will revisit returning to regular hours when it is safe to do so.
Here are a few steps you can follow to gain access:
- Make sure you have the latest version of the Bankers Hall Club App. Update the app through the Apple Store or Google Play.
- Our app is a member-exclusive portal and is integrated with our internal customer management software. The email you use to log into the app must match the email we have in our system. If you’re unsure which email that is or you are not able to book your workout, please email email@example.com so we can take a closer look.
- If you are a new member, our system automatically created an account in our app for you. Check your inbox for an enrolment email from MyWellness cloud (don’t forget to check your junk mail folder).
- Still having troubles accessing the app? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and a Member Services representative will be happy to troubleshoot with you!
- Your workout block is booked for 75 minutes. If you need longer, speak to reception and they’ll help you extend your workout if we have capacity.
- If you’re running late for your Personal Training session, reach out to your trainer directly or call the club to let them know.
- We’re working with a smaller team than usual. If your personal trainer is not currently working, we’d be happy to set you up with another trainer for in-club sessions, remote sessions, or both!
- Speak to our General Manager or Fitness Manager to make arrangements. Information about our team, including contact information, can be found here.
- Book an appointment to come check out the club! You don’t need to work out, just book a tour to get familiar with our safety protocols gauge your comfort level of returning to the gym.
- If you’re still hesitant, try out our remote fitness options — designed to help you stay active anytime, anywhere.
- If you’re not ready to come back into the club, contact reception to discuss your billing and membership options – including account freezes.
Due to government regulations, we can’t accept walk-ins at this time.
We’re Here to Help
Please complete the form and one of our team members will be in touch with you as soon as possible. We look forward to connecting with you!