The Bankers Hall Club Pro-Am squash tournament is one of the premier squash tournaments each squash season in Canada. This season’s Pro-Am squash tournament will be held January 24 to 28, 2018 and we are pleased to announce that our title sponsor is once again Linear Logistics.
The tournament will once again be a part of Men’s PSA International pro circuit and the 16 players will be competing at the $10,000 US prize level. Most of the players that have competed in this event over the years have gone on to have successful pro careers with some rising to top 10 in the world rankings including Miguel Rodriguez, Omar Mosaad, Simon Roesner, Peter Barker, and Max Lee to name a few. In fact 21 of the current top 50 in the men’s world rankings have played in the Pro-Am here.
As well as the highlighted Men’s PSA event there is a full slate of amateur events for Men and Women to enter into. Entry fee includes an Orchid Room dinner on Friday night, Saturday morning Continental Breakfast, Saturday night banquet at Local Pubic Eatery on 8th Avenue, a tournament souvenir, and of course a beverage ticket. There is also an Early Bird Draw for all participants that enter by January 7th they will be put into a draw for a Head Prize package valued at over $300 which includes a top of the line Head racquet as well other Head product. To see complete tournament information including the draws for the amateur events click here
Enter one of the following ways:
- Click Here to utilize Squash Alberta’s online registration system.
- Entries will be accepted starting on December 14, 2017 at 12 noon.
- Space is limited so enter early to avoid being placed on a waiting list.
- Only a partial refund will be given once the entries are closed off.
- PSA Mens draw for the 2018 Pro Am tournament (click here)
- PSA Players List for the 2018 Pro Am tournament (click here)
- Amateur first match times and draws for the 2018 Pro-Am tournament (click here)
- PSA Mens draw for the 2017 Pro Am tournament (click here)
This year the Bankers Hall Club Pro-Am is pleased to be associated with the Crohns & Colitis Foundation of Canada. Part of the tournament proceeds will be directed to this charity to support medical research to help find a cure.
The 2018 Bankers Hall Club Pro-Am squash tournament is once again hosted by Bankers Hall Club. The club is a premier, private, adult-only facility located on the fourth floor of Bankers Hall Retail on Stephen Avenue Mall, conveniently located in the downtown core of Calgary.
The club’s facilities include:
- Co-ed gym, with a variety of cardio and weight equipment.
- Four international squash courts.
- Executive facilities for men and women.
- Steam rooms, towel service, and toiletries included.
- Two fitness studios which host a variety of classes.
- Indoor basketball and badminton court.
- Four massage rooms.
- Licensed lounge and lunch counter with a variety of healthy items.
- Certified personal trainers and fitness consultants.
- Reciprocal club and dining privileges.
We are also using courts at another club in downtown Calgary, Western Canadian Place Fitness Centre. Located just a ten-minute walk from our host club at 707-8th Ave SW, P1 Level. Phone: (403) 662-2240.
A big thanks to Western Canadian Place Fitness Centre and their staff for being a part of this tournament.
Bob Ballinger – Head Squash Professional, NCCP Level 3
Bob has traveled throughout North America as a professional squash player and has worked as a teaching professional in Victoria, Vancouver, Kelowna, Nanaimo and Winnipeg during his 25 year career. Bob is now located in Calgary working as the Head Squash Professional at Bankers Hall Club since September 2001. Bob is a Certified Squash Canada Level 3 Professional.